Monday, August 25, 2014

ART | layers of graffiti art

{Tasteful vandalism?}

One of the things I love most about this city is our freedom to be creative and expressive. As the case with this graffitied wall I discovered on my way home. I can't help but wonder - who are the talented individuals responsible for this? How were they not caught? - assuming this was the case. What was the message behind the work?

I shamelessly admit that I am just now starting to get on board with graffiti art but trying to understand it much more. I don't mean tagged walls with offensive writing- but real art. I.e. a well thought-out concept such as this. Where as before I would look at it from a different lens and oftentimes, or almost always, walked by it without giving it a second glance/thought. Since my arrival to Reverie Arts I've been re-introduced to this medium while meeting a handful of well-known 'under the radar' graffiti artists. I've learned, like any organization, graffiti artists are very exclusive within their own circle- and privacy is everything to them. 

Now I catch myself treating graffiti the same as I would a canvas.

{I love finding these surprises. An instant facelift to this part of town}

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to sign up on Bloglovin'....xo