Friday, August 29, 2014

STYLE | normcore fashion?

{my perfect idea of normcore fashion- keeping it simple but flattering}

Unpretentious, average looking - the plain the better - pedestrian street crossings becomes the catwalk. Apparently. At least that's what Vogue told me about Normcore fashion. 

A trending term that landed on the scene this year but one I have been very confused about. How is this a "new" trend. Haven't I been sporting this, or all of us, should I say since circa 1984. At first I thought it was a ruse. A joke on tourists who roam the streets with oversized jeans, baggy sweaters, sneakers and fanny packs. Aren't these articles the staple of "Oh hey I'm just visiting and going to take a hundred pictures in the middle of the street even though you're trying to drive"? It's a little Zoolander isn't it? Or does it simply mean we've been ahead of the trend. When I say "we" I mean the States. This style has has been prevalent here for decades. Just live in San Francisco. This is the norm! (pun intended). 

I don't know. I just think with fashion it circles back over and over until we run out of ideas and now we're back to mom jeans and big sweaters. And I know this sounds cynical, but I'm all over it. In fact, I know a lot of people who would be bursting with joy if they found out they can freely stroll the streets in sweatpants and be deemed as 'fashion-forward'. Especially those who already do it! And I for one love dressing up, but I'm also just as happy to live in comfortable clothing. Though, maybe not sweatpants. 

SO! If someone is telling me to dress it down and not care about labels!? Hey, I'm in. I'm just stoked I'll be considered a "high-end pedestrian". 

How do you feel about Normcore fashion?

{keep the jewelry to a minimum - instead work with accents that pop on your lips and nails}

1. oversized sweater : topshop
2. high-top sneakers: vince
3. cross-body bag: rag & bone
4. jeans: joe's jeans 
5. nail polish: butter london
6. lips: mac 'we're back'
7. sunnies: nasty gal
Xo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to sign up on Bloglovin'....xo